The start to 2022 has been a volatile one. High inflation, rising interest rates and commodity prices, and geopolitical tensions with war are weighing on global economies, supply chains and consumers.
FIRST QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- ● S&P/TSX Composite hits an all-time high of 22,152.90 on March 22nd
- ● S&P 500 hits 9-month low of 4,157.87 on March 8th
- ● Canadian dollar range-bound with a high of $0.8031 USD on Jan 12th
- ● WTI Oil hits 14 year high on March 8th closing at $129.44 USD
- ● Bank of Canada increased overnight rate by 0.25% to 0.50% in Q1