U.S, Canadian and global equity markets started Q3 where Q2 ended, confidently charting a course forward. By the end of August, equities had notched a seventh straight month of gains, with the S&P 500 Index finishing near its all-time high and the TSX Composite Index on its longest winning streak in four years.
THIRD QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
• S&P/TSX Composite hits an all-time high of 20,897.60 on September 7th
• S&P 500 hits record high of 4,545.85 on September 2nd
• Canadian dollar hits 7-month low of $0.7723 USD on August 19th
• WTI Oil hits 35-month high on September 28th closing at $76.67 USD
• Bank of Canada maintains overnight rate at 0.25% in Q3
EASTPORT FINANCIAL GROUP
Eastport Financial Group is leading the way in purposeful financial planning, legacy building and investments. They have locations in Nova Scotia and Ontario.