Markets in the first quarter of 2021 have been marked by ongoing volatility as the world recovers from the negative effect of the first waves of the COVID-19 pandemic.
FIRST QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
• S&P/TSX Composite hits an all-time high of 19,037.1 on March 17th
• S&P 500 hits record high of 3,994.41 on March 31st
• Canadian dollar hits 3-year high of $0.8097 USD on January 3rd
• WTI Oil hits 23-month high on March 5th closing at $66.42 USD
• Bank of Canada maintains overnight rate at 0.25% in Q1
By Kevin Wark
Most insurance advisors are familiar with the benefits of corporate-owned life insurance. To start, it may be "cheaper" to fund the premiums with after-tax corporate dollars rather than using personal funds.
EASTPORT FINANCIAL GROUP
Eastport Financial Group is leading the way in purposeful financial planning, legacy building and investments. They have locations in Nova Scotia and Ontario.